Love live music? Interested in the music industry? Want to be part of one of the only tech startups currently making a real impact on the music industry?
Down to help fans get into their favorite events, with a ticketing experience that doesn’t suck? Want to help end ticket-scalping and ticket-fraud?
Want to watch the software you build immediately get put to use at the highest levels of the music industry? If there is popular music event or festival that is sold out, we are most probably close partners, think the biggest names in the industry! To name a few, Coachella, Burning Man, Electric Forest, Newport Folk Festival, and BottleRock. Don’t see your favorite event or artist here yet? Help make it a reality.
Want to join a team of hard working, fun loving people who are still a little weird and know how to both ship rock solid code and not take life too seriously?
The Lyte engineering team is scrappy crew of technology professionals who have experience across the early stage startup realm. We are looking for talented backend engineers to help us continue to scale our application stack and build out features.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you are:
* Someone who knows Python/Django inside and out including Django ORM, likely with 5+ years experience.
* Experienced with API creation and consumption
* Have basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as JS, CSS, HTML5
* Experienced with Celery or equivalent asynchronous task framework
* Have understanding of application architectures and approaches such as SOA, microservices, monoliths with ability to choose the right fit for the problem
* Have test writing and debugging skills. Knowledgeable of CI, CD and other processes based on DevOps philosophy
* Experienced with Linux and one of clouds (we are using AWS)
* Have understanding of Docker and containerization
Responsibilities Would Include:
* Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
* Implement low-latency, highly-available and performant code
* Design and develop efficient APIs based on RESTFul principles
* Integration of data storage solutions based on PostgreSQL and Redis
* Architecting new services and refactoring existing ones
* Support some of the largest music festivals and most popular touring artists
- Competitive Salary including meaningful equity and great benefits.
- Flexible Vacation policy, take the time you need.
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline and internal organization.
- Awesome opportunities to occasionally interact with all walks of life in the music industry.
- 2nd and Howard office location, easy access to major transit.
- Office provided snacks, food, occasional lunches, coffee, peer baked goods.
- Occasional happy hours but not an office dominated by the party vibe.
- Stipend for attending live entertainment events
Note: All recruiting is handled by a seasoned dev who helps lead the team :)