Love live music? Want to be part of one of the few tech startups currently making a real impact on the music industry?
At Lyte, we help fans get into their favorite events, with a ticketing experience that doesn’t suck - no scalpers or fake tickets.
Want to watch the software you build immediately get put to use at the highest levels of the music industry? If there is popular music event or festival that is sold out, we are most probably close partners, think the biggest names in the industry! To name a few, Coachella, Burning Man, ComicCon, Electric Forest, Newport Folk Festival, AfroPunk, and BottleRock. Don’t see your favorite event or artist here yet? Help make it a reality.
Want to join a team of hard working, fun loving people who are still a little weird and know how to both ship rock solid code and not take life too seriously? The Lyte engineering team is scrappy crew of technology professionals who have experience across the early stage startup realm.
In addition to being technically savvy, we love music and events and when we are not pushing code, we are actively trying to have fun in life. Some of our team members are in bands, and some just like to play flute by themselves out in the mountains.
Middle/Senior Python Developer (with Technical support responsibilities)
A creative product team www.lyte.com is looking for a talented engineer!
Fulltime, night hours (8 p.m. - 2 a.m. / 2 a.m. - 8 a.m.).
- Developing Lyte platform working with a full product squads located cross geo locations and time zones
- General knowledge and understanding of Lyte product with deeper expertise in the current squad’s product area to help understand technical aspects and limitations of the product
- Be first hand experienced advocate for product improvement for path to intuitive self-served systems
- Technical Support
- First responder to critical reported product or system issues
- Responsiveness to monitoring alarms from production systems
- Timely communication with colleagues to help set up or manage events and resolve issues in business time-sensitive situations
- Actively use and maintain the knowledge base and runbooks about the product incidents (for internal use)
Someone who understands Python/Django inside and out including Django
- ORM and will likely have 5+ years experience with.
- Knowledgeable about API creation
- Have understanding of front-end technologies, such as JS, CSS, HTML5
- Experienced with Celery or equivalent
- Have test writing and debugging skills
- Have understanding of application architectures and approaches such as SOA, microservices, monoliths with ability to choose preferred ones
- Knowledgeable of CI, CD and other processes based on DevOps philosophy
- Experienced with Linux and one of clouds (we are using AWS)
- Have understanding of Docker and containerization
- Familiar with other web-frameworks, programming languages and paradigms
- Experienced with load testing and profiling
- Knowledgeable of React.js or other MVVM UI frameworks
- We are a great team building our own product
- If you have an interesting engineering idea, we are open to discussing it and potentially acting on it
- Some projects are really ambitious, and you will have an opportunity to improve your skills without being constrained by legacy code
- Creative and flexible environment
- Competitive salary
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline, and internal organization.
Company www.lyte.com is a post-primary ticketing platform for sold out events. We’ve partnered with some of the biggest names in the live entertainment industry to help eliminate the secondary market (scalping) and save fans money when buying tickets to sold-out shows. We work directly with the promoters, artists, and venues as an extension of the primary box office, helping them control their events end-to-end.
Short video about product: https://vimeo.com/216599174