Lyte is looking for an exceptional leader interested in organizational development and culture with a strong technology background. This is a senior engineering management role within Lyte as we grow the team in Minsk to deliver innovative products to serve Lyte’s current and future customers.
We are interested in a leader who is passionate about building great products while building a great place to work for motivated engineers to their best work. We are looking for a leader who embraces the leader-leader model where everyone in the organization feels empowered to take ownership and experiment with new ideas while delivering on the overall company goals. We want someone who cares deeply about each person in the organization.
What you will do:
- You will lead, mentor, and develop the engineering team in Minsk
- You will grow or hire engineering leaders in the organization across multiple disciplines
- You will collaborate with the product management team on short-term and medium-term projects
- You will facilitate defining engineering best practices and processes to promote engineering productivity and quality of work
- You will collaborate on the medium-term technology roadmap with engineering leaders and the architecture team
- You will help to define career goals for each manager and define the framework for engineering career development
- You have 5+ years of experience as an engineering leader; you practice servant leadership
- You are passionate about building an open, collaborative, disciplined and highly productive engineering culture
- You love empowering people and seeing how they can go beyond where they even thought possible.
- You have led a team of 20+ engineers and have personally hired many of them
- You have a lot of empathy around engineering challenges as you worked as an engineer yourself for 5+ years building products with a significant footprint.
- You are proud to have coached and mentored several engineering leaders who have gone on to take on bigger challenges in their career
- You have worked in a fast-moving environment where a solution-oriented approach to business and technical issues was valued and practiced
- You are comfortable with verbal and written communications
For our employees we compensate:
- Medical services (a contract with "LODE" center)
- Tickets to live events (concerts, festivals, theatre performances)
- Education (IT and language courses)
Also we offer:
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline, and internal organization.
- Creative and product driven environment. If you have an interesting engineering idea, we are open to discussing it and potentially acting on it
- Some projects are really ambitious, and you will have an opportunity to improve your skills without being constrained by legacy code
- 6 sick days per year
- Bonus program for significant events in employees' lifeAwesome opportunities to occasionally interact with all walks of life in the music industry.
Lyte’s technology is product driven solutions for the music and live events industry, including top global live events like Coachella and Burning Man. We are increasingly expanding our global reach by supporting global world tours and more events outside of the United States. Ideal candidates would value working for a results oriented company and seeing immediate use of their work.
Headquartered in the USA with established offices in San Francisco, New York, and Minsk, Lyte is a globally distributed company with employees across the US, Canada and Australia. Our established Minsk office is centrally located at the heart of the city on Internatsionalnaya street. We work remotely at the moment due to the pandemic, but the office is open