Love live music? Want to be part of one of the few tech startups currently making a real impact on the music industry?
At Lyte, we help fans get into their favorite events, with a ticketing experience that doesn’t suck - no scalpers or fake tickets.
Want to watch the software you build immediately get put to use at the highest levels of the music industry? If there is popular music event or festival that is sold out, we are most probably close partners, think the biggest names in the industry! To name a few, Coachella, Burning Man, ComicCon, Electric Forest, Newport Folk Festival, AfroPunk, and BottleRock. Don’t see your favorite event or artist here yet? Help make it a reality.
Want to join a team of hard working, fun loving people who are still a little weird and know how to both ship rock solid code and not take life too seriously? The Lyte engineering team is scrappy crew of technology professionals who have experience across the early stage startup realm.
In addition to being technically savvy, we love music and events and when we are not pushing code, we are actively trying to have fun in life. Some of our team members are in bands, and some just like to play flute by themselves out in the mountains.
For this technical lead and management role, you should enjoy owning projects, working with others to create highly performant software, and mentoring other developers to foster their growth.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a group of approximately 4 - 8 software engineers, motivating, mentoring and coaching them individually
- Provide architectural runway to squads.
- Have ownership of delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time
- Accountable for technical outputs of your team, providing guidance and expertise to your team while continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality, performance, and internal software development practices
- automation of repetitive tasks
- Improving tooling for contributors
- Collaborate with Product Management, Delivery and Technology teams to work through functional tensions during trade-off discussions
- Partner with other engineering teams (Architecture, Dev-Ops, etc.) to identify optimal solutions for the Lyte Platform while meeting our commitments to clients
- Write code that meets the highest standards
- Identify and ensure adherence to coding patterns for reuse, maintainability, security, and resiliency
- Work with other Technical Leaders to address proximate and systemic challenges as they are identified
- Work closely with QA Engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
What You Should Bring
- 7+ years of programming experience, with emphasis on creating end to end web applications
- 4+ years with Python/Django
- 2+ years or equivalent experience of software development people management and/or leadership
- Proven ability to effectively develop others through setting goals, building development plans, and active performance management inclusive of having difficult conversations
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication