Lyte is seeking a VP & GM, Arts, Culture & Lifestyle Events who will be responsible for growing and managing our fast-growing business with event organizers in the fields of food and wine, comedy, film, family entertainment, fan conventions, personal and career development and more. Current partners include Star Wars Celebration, Emerald City Comic Con, Burning Man, Charlotte Wine + Food Festival and many others.
About the role:
- Responsible for all P&L, administrative and business functions in Lyte’s Arts, Culture & Lifestyle vertical
- Set and implement policies, operations, create and maintain budgets
- Drive open and transparent communication within the group and externally across Lyte
- Lead and be responsible for the development and execution of client/project plans across the key operational areas of B2B marketing, B2C promotions, sales, client management, product and business development and logistics
- Monitor the delivery of all operational activities
General and Business Management
- Develop and execute strategic plans to deliver budgeted revenue, growth and profitability across current and developing products through understanding and leveraging partner landscape, objectives and capabilities.
- Negotiations on agreements and renewals for Arts, Culture & Lifestyle partners and clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
- Understands the commercial deals in place with our various Partners and ensure terms are agreed upon through the term sheets / agreement
- Strategic plans and reviews with action plans, resolving problems, implementation of productions, productivity and goal targets to meet campaign & operational objectives.
- Work with key stakeholders – C-suite, board, finance, engineering, peers - to achieve financial objectives
- Executive responsibility for signing clients and overseeing the set-up of projects through launch and renewal.
- Ensure deal memos and financial analysis/projections are completed for new signings
- Accountability for the realisation of targeted budgets and forecasting throughout the financial year
- Driving and creating a strong client acquisition strategy
- Accomplishes business objectives by establishing strategic plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; and reviewing progress
- Accountable for the entire P&L of Arts, Culture & Lifestyle vertical
- Work closely with the team to ensure all KPIs are met – Market share, revenue, take
New Business and Product
- Targeting distribution partners with reasoned pitches
- Creating tangible commercial and product opportunities out of the client roster and through innovative idea generation
- Constructing Term Sheets and Long form contracts, in consultation with Business Affairs, to formalise relationships
- Maintenance of CRM/client database and revenue tracker
- Driving product innovation by listening to marketplace needs, sizing opportunities, presenting internally and collaborating with product and engineering
- At least 8 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of the US live Arts, Culture & Lifestyle industry
- Extensive connections with managers, agents, promoters, event producers
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience with Arts, Culture & Lifestyle business practices, trading terms and conditions