VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
Lyte is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources who will be responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Lyte, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The VP will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the market segments where we compete for talent.
This role will:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance
- Drive the development of the organization's plans and programs from the perspective of the impact on people
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into operational HR plans
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets
- Develop programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization
- Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs
- Provide technical advice and knowledge of the human resource discipline to peers and C-level executives
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR department
- Evaluate the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 10 to 15 years of related HR experience and/or training with at least five-plus years as an HR leader in high-growth environments, having played a key role in the maturation / scaling process. SHRM-SCP certification a plus
- Have the business acumen to understand the fiscal and operational realities of all policies and procedures
- Be a superior communicator, able to directly and safely have and facilitate difficult conversations
- Understand the consultative nature of the role, with an ability to influence staff and outcomes not directly within line of reporting
- Operate with the utmost ethics and discretion, earning trust with peers, C-suite and entire staff
- Possess global and cultural awareness, understanding that a diverse organization is a stronger organization
- Know how to hire and motivate teams, build a great culture, and know how to successfully scale an HR organization and practice, combining first-hand knowledge of what the HR function at a $100MM company looks like with your execution chops to implement this vision.
- Competitive salary including meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy, take the time you need
- Above-market medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Annual ticket stipend
- Museum membership
- Health & wellness stipend
- A mature team of people who realize that work life balance requires rigor, discipline and internal organization
- Awesome opportunities to occasionally interact with all walks of life in the music and entertainment industry
- Role is based in San Francisco