Love live music? Interested about music industry?
Down to improve ticketing experience and help fans get to events?
Want to help end ticket-scalping and ticket-fraud?
Want to watch the software you build immediately get put to use at the highest levels of the music industry?
Want to join a team of hard working, fun loving people who are still a little weird and know how to both ship rock solid code and not take life too seriously?
Lyte is a post-primary ticketing platform for sold out events which means we’ve partnered with some of the biggest names in the live entertainment industry to help eliminate the secondary market (scalping) and save fans money when buying tickets to sold out shows. We work directly with the promoters, artists, and venues as an extension of the primary box office, helping them control their events end-to-end.
Qualities that we are looking for in our team:
- Data scientist that are passionate about building predictive models and analyzing complex datasets
- Ability to collaborate closely with back-end and product teams to deliver a holistic experience that's optimized around providing the best user experience possible.
- Data scientists who are passionate about finding simple solutions to complex problems, excel at solving real issues for real people and want to push the boundaries of their engineering abilities.
What you will have ownership for delivering:
- Help drive the design and architecture of algorithmic services to improve prediction capabilities
- Using NLP (Natural language processing) to process and match messy datasets
- Researching, building and developing statistical machine learning models and recommendation systems.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering department to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Provide leadership to more junior software engineers and data scientists
Skills needed to be successful:
- Experience working with Python/Pandas in a production environment.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as PostgreSQL & Redis
- Experience working with AWS services include RDS, S3, and EC2
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Very strong technical and analytical skillset (R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Predictive Analytics, Forecasting, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Algorithm Designs, Bayesian Methods etc.)
- PhD (+2 year experience) or MS (+5-7 year experience) in a quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Advanced Analytics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, and other relevant quantitative fields